Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Life Updates

Welcome back everyone!

I just got back from my mini vacation yesterday and I thought I'd share some stuff with you!

First of all, last Friday, I performed in my musical. It was The Music Man and (I have talked about this before...) I played Marian. I am so sad that it's over but so happy that I got to be in it- I have wanted to be Marian forever!!! I really loved this musical so I hope when I'm older I get to be in it for a longer period of time.


That's me, cYa, and E!


Oh, and I did my hair myself! (ignore my sister...)




The next morning we had to drive to Michigan for a wedding, which was about a 6 hour drive. 


Us at the reception! (Bad picture..) I'm wearing the Lilly Pulitzer Fanny dress and she's wearing a girls' Lilly shift. 


Pretty flowers on the table!


The next morning, we drove to downtown Detroit for a while and then crossed the river to Canada. For some reason I never realized how close Canada was to Michigan. The wedding was near Detroit so it only took about a half hour to get to Windsor, Canada from there. 




That's the GMC building!


At the tunnel that goes under the river from Detroit to Windsor. We took the tunnel there and the bridge back. 


Looking at Canada!


Looking at Michigan!


Canada was....interesting. It was different from what I expected. I wish we had stayed in the city part of Windsor longer because there would have been more stuff to do. Instead, we drove out to our B&B in the countryside where there was nothing but some farms. On the way out we looked at some historical fort and a vineyard. We stopped for dinner at a good Italian place, however.  The best thing there was Walmart, where I bought some candy and a new swimsuit because I forgot mine. (Good excuse to buy a new suit!)


Out back was a duck pond....


....and across the street was a tomato farm. Fun fun. It was a nice little cottage, however. We got a homemade gourmet breakfast and they had Tangled on dvd!



Crossing the bridge back!


And now for my favorite part of the trip....


Saugatuck, Michigan!

Saugatuck was a nice little town on the coast of lake Michigan with some shops/restaurants and stuff. It was SO HOT there, though. 


Crossing the river on the chain ferry!

We shopped and had dinner during the day and then went to swim in Lake Michigan in the evening. It was a lot of fun- the water on the Michigan coast is WAY warmer and cleaner than on the Wisconsin coast!

It took about four hours to drive home from Saugatuck. On the way back, we briefly stopped at Ikea in Chicago and I got a desk!!! I am very happy about this because I have always wanted a desk but for some reason my mom would never let me have one. I wasn't sure if I would have room for a desk in my room, either, but with some rearranging I was able to fit it in just fine!


I moved my bookshelf over a little and put it where my guitars used to be. I then moved one guitar to the basement and the other by my chair. It took like 2 hours to put together (all dang Ikea gives you is the wooden pieces and then they expect you to build the whole thing). It's the perfect size for my room. I could have bought a bigger one with shelves and stuff, but I think I'm just going to go to target now that I know that it fits and just buy a corkboard and some shelves to put on the wall behind it. As you can see, I have already thrown a bunch of stuff on it....

Whew, that was a very long and I hope not too boring post! I always like reading the personal/life parts of people's blogs, though, and I hope you maybe enjoyed this and that it makes up for the days I didn't post!

Now that I'm done with my two major classes this summer, I'm going to be pretty relaxed. The last three weeks were so hectic and went by so fast! I can now get back into yoga and library volunteering and hopefully find something else to do this summer!










1 comment:

  1. this was definitely not a boring post! i also like to read more personal stuff on people's blogs!
    i'm so impressed that you did you own hair for your musical! that's awesome! i also really like all of your outfits haha
    looks like you had a fun trip!
    xox

    ReplyDelete