Thursday, July 26, 2012

Abercrombie Looks: FAIL

I don't shop at Abercrombie. I don't think I own anything from the store. I don't really like it either- I think it is really boring and overpriced. But I decided to go on the website the other day and look at their current lookbook, aka "The Hottest Looks Of The Season". Looking at this page made me dislike Abercrombie more because I have no idea what the person who dressed the model was thinking!

This is supposed to be a fall lookbook, but we're still seeing elements of summer with the bright white lace tanktop and flip flops. The heavy and dark winter scarf throws the whole thing off and the plain jeans don't do much to save it. 

This outfit is having the same problem. First of all, that dress doesn't match my school dress code. Second, the bright, white summery lace clashes with the dark, heavy knit navy sweater. And it's time to put away the flip flops!

This look, called "Fall Walk", looks like fall on the top and summer on the bottom. I don't know who would want to take a fall walk in lace shorts and the overly-used brown flip flops don't match the color tone of this outfit at all. 

This may be the worst one yet. First of all, a cable knit pullover sweater is paired with athletic shorts. If you want to be sporty, then wear a sweatshirt! The green, yellow, and red scarf looks very odd with the shorts, and the heavy colors clash against the white of the sweater. Then the brown flip flops (seriously, do they sell any other shoes?!) are there quite randomly also. 

Ok, so this is basically having the same issues the other four are. However, this is titled "House Party" and I think it's the most bizzare outfit to wear to a party. First of all, the blazer looks like your school uniform and is not working well at all with the skirt. The sweater is cute for school but it's pretty blah. And the flip flops to top the ensemble off are pretty self explanatory. 

I think that Abercrombie has a lot of cute basic pieces, actually. But the thing is that you can buy things just like that from places like Target and Forever 21 for a fraction of the price. It's so overrated! However, they have no idea how to make good outfits. Overall, I think this lookbook was pretty bad.




6 comments:

  1. hahaha i totally agree with your "lovely" comments! i do find some "ish" cute things there once and a while but they are always too low cut or too short! my brother finds really good kids stuff there though, like polos and oxfords and such. it's all the rage in his grade....... i have no clue why....?...?..??
    xoxo,
    cYa

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha i literally laughed out loud while reading your comments, and i totally agree with everything you're saying! i personally only shop at abercrombie when they are having a sale, and i once bought a cute tank top for 4 buckaroos! but i agree with caroline, my brother and his grade are OBSESSED with it!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha I only shop at Abercrombie kids but I have found a lot of cute things there....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree that Abercrombie kids is a lot better!

      Delete
  4. I have quite a bit of abercrombie in my closet and I am trying my best to get rid of it. I have these things from when they were a big thing in middle school. I have a pair of shorts that met our dress code (surprising I know?!), but I just think everything in there looks the same every season.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Abercrombie and Fitch รจ un marchio fresco, davvero l'amore i suoi beni a http://www.abercrombiemilanoitalia.org

    ReplyDelete