Saturday, July 21, 2012

Katy Perry: Part of Me

Have you all seen the Katy Perry movie?



I just saw it yesterday and it was really really good. I have had mixed reactions on Katy Perry and her music-- some songs she writes, like "Pearl" and "Not Like The Movies", are amazing but others like "California Gurls" and "Peacock" are a bit  extremely questionable. The movie was very moving/inspirational and gave off a darker vibe than I expected. I felt it displayed the perfect combination of her concerts and her life. The movie takes you through her entire journey through her Part Of Me tour, going back to show video clips and interviews with Katy and the people she works with. Personally I love watching documentaries of famous people because I always find the stories of how they got famous very fascinating. It showed how hard Katy had to work to get to where she is today-- having no money and getting dropped by countless record labels. The movie showed different parts of her childhood and later on when she moved to L.A., while at the same time showing her sing the song in concert that related to that moment in her life. You also get to see what goes on backstage during her tour and her at her lowest point- when she got a divorce. After I left the movie I was a bigger Katy Perry fan. The movie really shows how devoted she is to her career, how much she has been through personally, and how she really loves to entertain people. I still don't get how she is such a kid idol and does such suggestive things, however. But I still think she's talented, comfortable with her image, and just wants to have fun, so she's just going to be who she is- I hope younger kids don't take it too seriously. Overall I highly recommend you see this movie because it's really worth seeing. Have you seen it yet? Did you like it?

Here's the trailer:




No comments:

Post a Comment