Monday, September 3, 2012

...and now fall is on its way

Today is my very last day of summer. I'm not really doing anything exciting, just getting ready for my first day of school tomorrow and finishing a book I had to read. I thought I should let you know that I may not have as much time to post now that I will be starting school- how sad! :( I think I am going to wear a pair of coral shorts, a turquoise top with a lace peter pan collar, my oxfords, and a cardigan. My first day of school outfits are always memorable...I can literally remember what I wore on the first day of school back to first grade. Tomorrow I will let you know how everything goes!

The song 'Fifteen' by Taylor Swift is supposed to describe your freshman year of high school. I seriously hope mine isn't that depressing. But maybe I will have some hope because I won't be fifteen until my freshman year is over. :)


Lyrics:

You take a deep breath and you walk through the doorsIt's the morning of your very first dayAnd you say hi to your friends you ain't seen in a whileTry and stay out of everybody's way
It's your freshman year and you're gonna be hereFor the next four years in this townHoping one of those senior boys will wink at you and say"You know, I haven't seen you around before"HAHAHAHA I seriously doubt it.
'Cause when you're fifteen and somebody tells you they love youYou're gonna believe themActually I won't, cause now you just warned me. And when you're fifteen feeling like there's nothing to figure outWell, count to ten, take it inThis is life before you know who you're gonna beFifteen
You sit in class next to a redhead named AbigailAnd soon enough you're best friendsLaughing at the other girls who think they're so coolWe'll be outta here as soon as we can
And then you're on your very first date and he's got a carAnd you're feeling like flyingAnd you're momma's waiting up and you're thinking he's the oneAnd you're dancing 'round your room when the night endsWhen the night ends
'Cause when you're fifteen and somebody tells you they love youYou're gonna believe themWhen you're fifteen and your first kissMakes your head spin 'roundBut in your life you'll do things greater thanDating the boy on the football teamBut I didn't know it at fifteen
When all you wanted was to be wantedWish you could go back and tell yourself what you know now
Back then I swore I was gonna marry him somedayBut I realized some bigger dreams of mineAnd Abigail gave everything she had to a boyWho changed his mind and we both cried
'Cause when you're fifteen and somebody tells you they love youYou're gonna believe themAnd when you're fifteen, don't forget to look before you fallI've found time can heal most anythingAnd you just might find who you're supposed to beI didn't know who I was supposed to be at fifteen
Your very first dayTake a deep breath girlTake a deep breath as you walk through the doors



I can definitely feel that fall is coming. The nights are getting a bit longer and the leaves in my backyard are turning yellow, and my mom and sister are getting out all their fall decorations. I am quite excited for fall...what about you?



4 comments:

  1. Good luck tomorrow! I remember my first day of high school I was so nervous. It will all be okay.Luckily I had friends that were upper class men so it took some pressure off. If your high school has a football team, go to the games! They are so much fun! Stay involved! Just enjoy everything that you do!

    Bailey
    http://baileysbulletins.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck siggy!!! you'll do great :) and yes I can't wait for fall!!!!!
    xoxo,
    cYa

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww, good luck tomorrow!! can't wait to read how it goes!!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that song! Good luck today! I can't wait to hear all about it--I absolutely loved high school!

    P.S. Thanks so much for the follow, sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete