Thursday, August 9, 2012

What Colors Look Good On Me?

This is a question that gets asked a lot. I've wondered it myself and it really comes in handy to know on school picture day (which is coming up for me in a few weeks!).

I recently found out that skin/hair/eye color tones kind of parallel the seasons.

The first type is Spring:




Spring is the most delicate of the four types. People who look best with spring colors have a warm but fair skin tone, light colored hair, and light colored eyes. 

Colors that look good with Spring:

- Golden yellow
- Pastel or bright green
- Peach
- Salmon
- Light blue
- Bright red
- Chartreuse
- Ivory
- Periwinkle
- Beige
- Violet
- Light navy
- Light teal

The second type is Summer:



People with summer usually have a pale skin tone that compliments a cool palette, very blonde hair, and bright eyes. They look best in pastels and cool, rich colors. 

Colors that go well with Summer:

- Royal blue
- Grey
- Blue-greens
- Fuchsia
- Cherry red
- Lavender
- Plum
- Burgundy
- Raspberry
- Light lemon
- Aqua
- Navy

The third type is Autumn:





Autumn is the most common tone. Autumns have a warm skin tone 
(light or dark), red, auburn, strawberry blonde/golden undertones, or light brown to blonde hair, and light blue, green, hazel, or brown eyes. 

Colors that look good with Autumn:

- Camel
- Beige
- Olive
- Orange 
- Gold
- Dark brown
- Grey
- Pumpkin
- Terra cotta
- Lime green
- Tomato red
- Jade green
-Peach

And the fourth type is Winter:



Winter is often described as "icy and distinctive" and people with a winter color palette look best in the "power colors". Winters have very pale skin with a cool tone, brunette to black hair, and light colored eyes (often blue or grey.)

Colors that look best with Winter are:

- Navy
- Charcoal
- Emerald green
- Ruby red
- Silver
- Grey
- Cream
- Bright pink
- Royal purple
- Black
- Icy light blue
- Royal blue



I hope this guide was helpful to you all!


p.s. This totally reminds of my personality type post, except on a physical level, haha. In that case, I'm an INFP Spring. :)



7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I think you're more like fall cause winters are really pale and you have a warm skin tone. :)

      Delete
  2. I think I'm a winter... But none of those colors look good on me haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they do! Why don't you think they look good on you??? It's like navy, silver, and all the stone colors! (ruby, emerald, etc.)

      Delete
  3. This was very helpful to me! I think when I go back to school shopping I will use these colors as a guideline :)
    xoxo
    maura
    http://www.polospearlsbows.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I'm glad it helped you! This was really brief, I'm sure you could look up more in-detail descriptions if you want to go into it more. :)

      Delete
  4. I am spring!!!!!! All of those colors really do look good on me!! :)

    ReplyDelete