Tuesday, August 21, 2012

"Things I Wore Before They Were Cool"

Hello everyone!

Sorry I have been an awful blogger this week....as I mentioned before, I had camera issues, but now I got a new phone that I can take OOTD pictures with so I will just use that from now on!

The title of this post makes me sound like such a hipster, haha. I was thinking a lot about how I was the only one to wear certain trends in the past, doubted myself and stopped wearing them, and then six months or a year later it's the new "thing." Check out the instances below!

1. Jeggings. 


I had a pair of jeggings when I was in 6th grade, aka the fall of 2009. I thought they were kinda weird since I was the only person that had them (and didn't know they were even called jeggings....) A year later, the fall of 2010 jeggings were HUGE! 


2. Neck scarves.


I've always thought these were adorable! I went through a neck scarf phase in the fall of 2010 and into the spring of 2011, but I decided they were out because someone said I looked like a flight attendant. I may have to bring my neck scarves back out again because apparently they are in this fall!


3. The Peter Pan Collar.


At the beginning of last summer, my family took a trip to Ireland and while in Dublin we stopped in Topshop. I spotted a top that I thought was adorable and bought it! Since then, I unfortunately lost it, but peter pan collars were popping up everywhere this recent spring.



4. Socks and boots.


I think I tried out this trend back when I was in 4th-5th grade. I got the inspiration from Alex Russo of Wizards of Waverly Place and thought I was so cool...later I realized I totally wasn't (I wore it with some really tacky outfits.) I was surprised when I saw a bunch of girls wearing this trend this winter and now I see that it can totally be pulled off!


Has this ever happened to you? Were there any trends you discovered "before they were cool?"




No comments:

Post a Comment