Thursday, August 23, 2012

Taylor Swift's New Album and New Look

Hi guys!

Have you heard that Taylor Swift is coming out with her fourth album?

Being the Taylor fan that I am, of course I'm extremely excited. The album is called Red and is set to be released October 22.


Because Taylor has picked "themes" for her album as the title, I can't wait to see how Red will summarize the entire album. In the past, Taylor's themes have been Fearless and Speak Now, which were very powerful messages. Taylor's first album was titled Taylor Swift, but I consider that a theme because it was all about her experiences and debuting herself as an artist. I wonder how she will send a message with a color as a title. 

As you can see, it's the first time Taylor has ditched her signature curls for the album cover. She has also ditched "Taylor Swift" being written in her normal signature font. Yet, I absolutely love it and I think it's my favorite cover yet.  

By now you have probably heard the first single, We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together. 


Here's a snapshot from the lyric video:



Although I absolutely love her outfit on the cover, I have to be honest and say I don't really like the song. Taylor started out country but then started crossing into pop. But by crossing over, she still sang her heartfelt story-telling lyrics, only with a poppy beat in the background and some more electric guitars. This song was obviously written for pop radio. Although there is a country remix for the song, which is most likely what will appear on her album, it still doesn't sound right. The song triggers no emotional response. It's a song that you hum along to on the radio, but that's it. And I'm certainly not used to that from Taylor. 

It makes me feel better, however, that there's 16 tracks on Red, so I'm sure I will find other songs that I like. In addition, Taylor admitted she wrote this song as a joke. It's amusing to see songs worse that this on the radio that were written in full seriousness. I can see why she decided to have this as her first single, because it broke the record for the top selling digital song for a woman and shot to #1 on the Billboard hot 100.

Taylor announced information about her new album in a live chat about a week ago. Unfortunately, I was at my cottage, so I had to miss it, but watched it first thing when I got home. In it, she was wearing an adorable red and white striped dress. 


I've noticed that Taylor has been wearing a bit more of a nautical or slightly preppy look lately, but still with a vintage touch. Taylor is currently in a relationship with Conor Kennedy (in the Kennedy family.) She also recently bought a house in Cape Cod and has been spending a lot of time there. Check out her outfits below:











Will you be buying Taylor Swift's new album?



1 comment: