Thursday, June 21, 2012

Signe's Secret Ingredient Cookie Recipe

Hi guys!

Luckily the heat wave has broken today and I'm thinking of going on a jog this morning before I go work at the library. Today I have been really in the mood to share a recipe with you! I was planning on sharing a cucumber recipe that my mom was inspired to create after ordering some cucumbers from Signe's Cafe in Hilton Head Island, SC, but sadly I can't find the recipe. :( Even though I'm more in the mood to bake in the winter, I decided to share another favorite recipe with you: Signe's Secret Ingredient Cookies! I created this recipe when I was in fourth grade. (Don't worry, it is actually good.) I have been baking these cookies for parties and such since I was 9 and they are always a favorite!

Ingredients:

1 stick of butter
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
2 1/4 cups of flour 1 tsp baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1 tablespoon vanilla
A few dashes of cinnamon
A small to medium handful of coconut
A bottle of caramel (like the liquid kind for ice cream)
Powdered sugar

Other things you need:
Large bowl
Small/regular sized bowl
Measuring cup
Measuring spoons
Spoon to stir
Spatula

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit. In the large bowl, combine the regular sugar and brown sugar. In the small bowl, melt the stick of butter in the microwave for 10-15 seconds until it is partway or pretty much melted. Then put the butter and egg in the large bowl with the sugar. Mix them together. Then add the flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir until it makes a dough. Once this is complete, it's time to add the secret ingredients! First stir in the chocolate chips to make sure they are evenly in the dough. Then add the vanilla. After that, shake in a few dashes of cinnamon, the coconut, and squirt in just a few drizzles of caramel. Once this is all mixed together, grease two large cookie sheets. Roll the dough into balls and then place them on the cookie sheet about two inches apart. Bake them for approximately 8-12 minutes. When they are cooled, take the bag of powdered sugar and sprinkle a bit on each cookie.


(These aren't the cookies, but I felt like this post needed a bit of visual representation!)

I hope this post got you in the mood to bake even though it's hot out!



2 comments: