Friday, June 15, 2012

Hair Products

Hello everyone! Today I thought I would share what products I use on my hair. First off, these are the best products that work for me and my hair type. I have thick hair (which means I have a lot of it) but the individual strands are very fine, so that kind of balances it out a bit. I have wavy hair. In the summer (or when it's humid) it gets really curly. In the winter it is just wavy, but sometimes it gets straight or dry and static-y. I tend to do more to my hair in the summer because during the school year I don't have much time. I have recently stocked up on hair products, and here is what I'm currently using: 

I don't blow dry my hair a lot. But when I have to go somewhere and it's still sopping wet, I use this Remington blow dryer. Mine is in a bit of a different flower print, though. 

I have this matching hair straightener. It isn't the fanciest around and you can't curl with it, but it does the job pretty well:
For curling, I have this Remington curling wand. It is a bit different from a traditional curling iron because you have to wrap your hair around it with your hand. It works amazingly and I really love it. It's really easy to get burned, though, which is why it comes with a protective glove. I don't use it though cause it looks weird, haha. In the future I'd like to get a bigger traditional curling iron because I love the way loose waves look. 

When I get out of the shower, I either use the Aveda style prep smoother or the Aveda confixor. My hair tends to get a bit frizzy and these help to keep down a bit without taking away the natural waves or feeling like there's any product in my hair. This is the style prep smoother. It works pretty well, but it's a tad expensive and I'm sure you could find something equally good at the drugstore.
This is the Aveda confixor. The style prep smoother just eliminates the frizz, while I think this gives my hair a bit more volume and waves. You only put a tiny bit on, though, or else it's really sticky. 

For hairspray, I use this Aussie sprunch hairspray. It's supposed to make your hair wavy and not hold super strong, but I think it does pretty well and use it to hold curls and stuff. I really like this because it doesn't start to let the volume fall after a half hour and it smells AMAZING. 

I think it's really important to protect your hair from the heat when curling or using a straightener. I usually don't use heat protectant when I'm blow drying cause it's just hot air and I don't do it often. But I ALWAYS use it when I'm straightening or curling. I use this FX Special Effects Flat Iron Spray (but it works for curling too.) I really like it because it makes my hair feel softer and more natural after I've used heat. When I don't use it my hair feels weird.

The next product I occasionally use on my hair is this Garnier mousse. I put a tad in when I'm curling my hair and want some volume, but generally I don't really like mousse. It makes your hair look really frizzy and 80's. 

The final thing I use on my hair is this Garnier spray gel. Like the mousse, I don't use it often. It comes in handy for ballet recitals and musicals when I need to slick back my hair in a bun. I've scrunched a bit in my hair before after I got out in the shower on a humid day and then it looked really pretty, but sometimes that works well and other times it doesn't. 



I hope you enjoyed my hair products posts! If you would like to share your favorite hair products, please comment below!











2 comments: