Saturday, June 16, 2012

Room Tour + OOTD

Hey everybody! I finally have something to do today, thank goodness. I've been pretty bored this summer so far and it seems like forever ago since I graduated, even though it was barely a week and a half. I stopped at the Farmer's Market this morning then went to Father's Day brunch with my family since my dad has to go to Germany today on business. This afternoon I'm going to the pool with a few friends and then to a graduation party. Today I thought I would do a room tour in pictures so you all can see what it looks like. I redid my room two years ago now (the summer going into 7th grade.) Before that, it was pretty bad. You see, I never redid my room since I was a baby, so it was still complete with cow-jumping-over-the-moon wallpaper, plain blue beadspread, and stick-on stars on the ceiling. It was time for a change! Now I have pink walls and black and white floral bedspread.

Here is an overview of my room. Now, I'm definitely not the most organized person in the world. I clean my room once a week, but after that I'm really subconscious. I'm like, "oh, my room's clean now. I can drop stuff on the floor." Then it's not clean anymore and the cycle starts over again. I also have a problem throwing things away, so there's a lot of clutter in my room. It's not Pottery Barn perfect, but at least I stuck to a color theme! This is what it looks like when it's clean. :)



I'll start with my dresser. I've had this dresser all my life. It used to be white, but I painted it black when I redid my room and put on those pink knob things. (by the way, sorry for the out of focus pictures- I'm really bad at holding my camera still.)

As you can see, I keep a TON of stuff on my dresser. It's mostly jewelry, makeup, hair accessories, lotion, perfume, and other random things. 


This is what's on my wall behind it. I have a mosaic mirror I made myself, a string of pictures from the Taylor Swift concert, some chandelier paintings, and a hanging thing that says "dance." 


On to the next corner! On this side of my room I have my chair and stool. The chair is from Ikea and the stool is from Target. I really like the stool because you can open it up and keep stuff in it! Next to that is my jewelry hanger, electronics box, and lamp and bedside table. 


Here's a close up of my jewelry hanger and electronics box. I think the hanger is from Michael's and the box is from Target. The two paintings of the Taylor Swift signature are ones I did myself! And the hand with the 13 on it is what I held up at the concert since Taylor always writes a 13 on her hand. 


Here's what I have up on my wall. I have a few bulletin boards, a poster of Taylor Swift, and a little shelf where I keep random stuff.


This is my bedside table. I got it from Ikea and originally it was brown, but I painted it black later on. The lamp is from Target and matches my bedspread. As you can see, I hoard a lot of stuff on it too....


Now onto my bed! I've had this bed forever and have no idea where it came from. The back and stuff used to be white, but like everything else I painted it black to match my room. The bedspread, sheets, and pillows are all from Target. I have a huge poster of Taylor Swift that I got from one of my friends one year for my birthday- best birthday present ever!!! On the back of my bed I just keep pictures and stuff. I also have some peacock feathers surrounding Taylor from one year that me and E were peacocks for Halloween, haha. 


Here's my windows! My curtains have chandeliers on them and I got them from Target. 


Here's the last corner of my room. Here is my disorganized bookshelf, my fancy clock, my iPod dock, my beta fish named Spade, a creepy decorative mermaid, my guitars, and a huge shelf full of pictures and my artwork. 


This is Spade!!!


Here's another close-up:


And last but certainly not least, my closet!!!! Yeahhh my closet is a bit cluttered and disorganized....but I really need a bigger closet!


Clothes!!!


Accessories!!!


Well, I hope you enjoyed my room tour and that it gave you a bit of inspiration for your own. :) If I ever find a picture I should show you all what it looked like before!

I thought I would also share yesterday's OOTD. 


I'm wearing a hot pink sweatshirt thingy from Forever 21, a necklace from my grandma, seahorse printed shorts from Vineyard Vines, and mint shoes from H and M. 



4 comments:

  1. i'm in love with your room!! it's the perfect bedroom, because you have enough space to hangout, & it's also really cozy!
    xo chloe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought u said u werent going to Zoes...??

    ReplyDelete