Sunday, October 21, 2012

Pitch Perfect and The Perks Of Being A Wallflower Reviews

I have recently seen two great movies. Last weekend I saw Pitch Perfect with my friend and yesterday I saw The Perks Of Being A Wallflower. I thought this would be a great opportunity to write up a few reviews!

First, Pitch Perfect.


This movie was about a girl named Beca, whose dad is making her go to college although she really wants to go to California and become a DJ. She doesn't think of herself as a singer until 2 girls persuade her into joining their a cappella group, the Bellas. Because of the annoying girl running the group, they are pretty bad and aren't getting very far in competition. But once they listen to Beca and her "alternative" ways they realize they can get a lot farther. 
This movie would DEFINITELY be considered a comedy because basically its whole point was to be funny. (Some of the jokes were a bit "dirty", however, thus rated PG-13.) Not only that, it had great music. The plot was pretty predictable though, but nonetheless it was still enjoyable. Overall it was a great movie and I would definitely reccommend it!

Second, The Perks Of Being A Wallflower. 



So I have to say, I think I liked this better than Pitch Perfect. It was really funny, sad, and inspirational all at the same time. The movie starts out when Charlie, a lonely 15 year old boy, starts high school. (It takes place in 1991 by the way.) He doesn't have any friends, and the only friend he ever had committed suicide the previous spring. So after having depression issues he starts high school. At a football game, he meets Sam and her stepbrother Patrick. They are the first people who really understand him and let him into their circle of friends. Throughout the story, Charlie falls in love with Sam and develops special relationships with his friends. Meanwhile, he is still struggling with family issues and his trauma resulting from his dead aunt. By the end of the movie he has learned to figure out himself and achieve a state of happiness. 
This movie was excellent and definitely a must-see. It was based off the book, which I just started reading yesterday. The book includes some things that the movie doesn't, but it follows the plot pretty closely. I would actually suggest watching the movie first in this case, however. I feel like if I had read the book first then I would be like "they didn't include this, they didn't include that" and it wouldn't follow what I had in my head, so I wouldn't appreciate the movie as much, which would be sad because I absolutely loved the movie! 

Have you seen either of these? What did you think?




3 comments:

  1. Ahhh Pitch Perfect was too good :) I really want to see the other one now, but I am worried I won't like it because I'm not really one of those "sad movie" types....
    xoxo,
    cYa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes you do seem to enjoy comedies! Perks has some funny parts too, although the main idea is sad.

      Delete
  2. ahh i'm so jealous that you've seen both of these movies! i have literally been dying to see both of them! i'm glad that they were good!

    ReplyDelete