Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving


Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!!

I hope you all are having a great holiday with your family! 

Generally I can say I am pretty happy with my life at the moment. Although I am stressed with school, I have a lot of things to be thankful for!

1. High school
I am honestly so thankful that I am in high school and that my middle school days are over. Sometimes when the homework gets bad, I find myself wishing I was back in middle school with super easy homework....and then I remember the details of what it REALLY felt like to be in middle school. And I'm so happy that's over. High school is going great so far- I'm currently in a play that happens next weekend and I'm so excited. 

2. My friends
Starting high school meant new friends, and I'm so grateful for the ones I have made in the past few months! My social life has been drama-free and it's nice to have those people you can laugh at inside jokes with. :)

3. My family
I know that some people don't have as nice of a family as I do and I sometimes take that for granted- I often get annoyed with my parents for irrelevant things but I'm very glad to have them! And I can't imagine what it would be like to be an only child- I'm so thankful for my younger sister. 

4. The fact I have privileges 
I take for granted the fact that I can go to the mall and can (in theory ) buy whatever I want, I can call my parents to pick me up from school whenever I want, I can go buy food whenever I want, and that I go to a good school. Because I know people who don't have all these things and I hate that. I dislike the fact that I think certain issues in my life have been absolutely awful when I've recently talked to people who have had it much worse in their childhoods or lives in high school. That's why I think everyone has to be thankful for the things they DO have- happiness is a choice! 

What are you thankful for this year?




No comments:

Post a Comment