Sunday, November 4, 2012

Fake Bangs

I've always wondered what I would look like with bangs. I've thought about getting them before, but decided no bangs would work a lot better with my face. I think only some people can pull off full-on bangs. I really liked Taylor Swift's curly hair, but I love her wavy hair and bangs also.



Then I discovered there was a way to find out what you would look like with bangs!


A few weeks ago I did this to myself. It was pretty entertaining. 

If you want to know what you would look like with bangs, it is quite simple!

What you will need:
- A hair straightener
- A brush
- A hair tie
- Bobby pins and clips
- A stylish hat

1. First, brush out your hair and straighten it. I've found this works a lot better with straight hair. Keep your straightener on because you may need it later.
2. This step will depend on the length of your hair. If you have shorter hair, take the hair tie and ponytail off a small section of hair nearer the top of your head. If your hair is longer, make the ponytail closer to the middle or bottom. If your hair is medium length, make it somewhere in the middle. 
3. Take the ponytailed section of hair and pull it up over your head so the end is hanging over your forehead. If it goes down too far or too high, adjust the placement of the ponytail. 
4. Take two clips and clip them on to either side of your bangs in progress. You can further adjust the placement with bobby pins. 
5. Take a comb or brush and even out the bangs with your other hair. Using the straightener to even them out works well, also. 
6. Finally, put on a hat to complete the look! (Unfortunately your bangs will only look believable if you are wearing one. ;)

Have you ever tried this or actually had bangs before? 



1 comment:

  1. Haha love that picture of you. I prefer without bangs :)
    xoxo,
    cYa

    ReplyDelete